This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Whether you’re a little short on time, or you don’t feel like firing up the grill, or you simply want perfectly cooked corn on the cob, you have to give this recipe a try. It’s super simple, it’s super delicious. Pressure cookers are a great way to cook corn on the cob! See how we are making the perfect Instant Pot corn on the cob in just 6 minutes.
Summer Season is Corn Season
If there is one thing that my family all agrees on, it’s that we love corn on the cob. Here in SE Pennsylvania, when mid-August hits we can get some of the juiciest, most flavorful sweet corn from Jersey or from the farms in Lancaster. This corn is bursting with flavor and the perfect compliment to just about any dinner! Corn on the cob is also a popular side dish for summer barbecues and picnics.
This Instant Pot corn on the cob recipe offers SUCH an easy, fast alternative to the traditional methods of cooking corn. Typically we cook our corn on the cob by boiling in on the stove. Another favorite cook method is to grill corn on the cob.
When we are short on time, you can find us making our corn on the cob in the Instant Pot. A pressure cooker is a great way to cook corn in just minutes without compromising taste!
The Instant Pot Has Changed the Way We Cook!
Are you new to the Instant Pot? Check out this post: You Just Got An Instant Pot. Now What? Tips for Using Your New Instant Pot.
We have this Instant Pot.
Some other Instant Pot posts I have written:
- Easiest Way to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
- 21 Incredible Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- 15 Zero Point Weight Watchers Meals (Freestyle Program)
- The EASIEST Instant Pot Fajita Chicken Recipe
- 45 of the Greatest Game Day and Tailgating Instant Pot Recipes
- Coca Cola BBQ Ribs | Easy Instant Pot Recipe
- 21 Must-Try Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes
- 21 Delicious Paleo Instant Pot Recipes
- 20 of the Best Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
- 20 Ridiculously Easy Instant Pot Recipes for Busy School Nights
- Easiest Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe
- 12 Totally Apple Instant Pot Recipes
- 37 Easy Easter Instant Pot Recipes (Entrees, Apps, Sides, Dessert Ideas)
- Creamy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 13 Perfectly PUMPKIN Instant Pot Recipes
How to Cook the Perfect Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
As I said above, making corn on the cob in the Instant Pot (or any pressure cooker) is super easy to do. I can tell you that the IP has really helped us to eat more vegetables that ever before because they are so darn easy to cook quickly and effortlessly. So let’s dig right into some pressure cooker corn!
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears corn shucked, halved
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place corn on the bottom of the Instant Pot stainless steel pot. (I did not use the wire cooking rack for this recipe).
- Combine water and milk in a measuring cup and pour over corn.
- Season corn with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a pat of butter on each ear of corn.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is set to "sealing." Turn on pressure cooker mode for 6 minutes.
- When timer goes off and cooking has finished, allow the Instant Pot to release pressure naturally.
- After the pressure has released, remove from corn and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Let us know how this recipe worked out for you!