This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
You already know by now that I have a pretty serious relationship with my Slow Cooker. I tend to use my Crock Pot to make slow cooker meals 3 or 4 nights a week. I love how much time it saves me and how, just by combining a few ingredients, we end up with a delicious, flavorful meal. I tend to host many holiday dinners for my family, and usually at least twice a year make a ham as one of the main courses. So imagine how happy I was last year to discover how simple it is to slow cook a HAM and how succulent the end result is!
For this recipe, you can use a spiral-sliced or non-spiral sliced ham, your choice. Also remember – typically hams are pre-cooked. Your task is basically just to heat it up. Read the label on your ham to ensure that it is pre-cooked – that’s the kind that we use.
Easy Slow Cooker Ham Recipe
Scroll DOWN for a printable recipe card!
How to make:
1. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Layer the bottom of slow cooker with brown sugar. Save about 1/2 of the brown sugar to sprinkle on top of the ham.
3. Place ham cut-side-down in the slow cooker. If your ham is too big you can always hack off a piece here or there to make it fit. Stick the cut pieces down along the side, wherever you can find a spot.
4. Drizzle honey over the top of the ham.
5. Coat top of ham with the remaining brown sugar.
6. Add 1/2 Cup water to the bottom of slow cooker. This will help keep the ham from drying out. Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 4-6 hours (until ham is heated through).
The picture above is a non-spiral-sliced ham that we made last Easter.
Printable recipe card for Slow Cooker Ham
Brown Sugar and Honey Slow Cooker Ham Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- 1 ham (pre-cooked, spiral OR non-spiral)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- non-stick cooking spray
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread about half of your brown sugar in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place ham on top of the sugar. If your ham is too big to fit in your slow cooker, you can always cut the ham up to fit.
- Drizzle the top of the ham with honey.
- Sprinkle the ham with the rest of brown sugar.
- Pour water in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook for approximately 4-6 hours on the low setting. (Again, you are basically just heating up this pre-cooked ham and giving the flavors a chance to settle in. The ham is ready when it is hot all the way through.)
We used the same recipe on a spiral-sliced ham on Christmas Eve and here’s how that one turned out:
Both turned out absolutely DELICIOUS!
Other posts you might enjoy…