This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Easter Rainbow Deviled Eggs
Ya know, sometimes you just have to give in and make whatever holiday-themed dessert or appetizer that has gone viral all over Facebook and Pinterest. Last year after I saw the 117th picture featuring colorful deviled eggs, I caved. These little beauties were so freakishly easy to make and everyone went NUTS over them. The kids thought they were magical, the adults were completely bewildered and looked like their world had turned upside down. These Easter rainbow deviled eggs have earned a permanent spot on my Easter table.
As far as the dye goes, you can use any old food coloring. I was looking for pastel or neon colored dye to get Easter-y colors like purple and I lucked out at ALDI. They had this pack of neon colors that worked perfectly.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these eggs:
- Hardboiled Eggs – peeled, sliced in half lengthwise, yolk removed (save your yolk, you’ll need it for the filling!)
- 1 small glass filled with cold water for every color you’re using
- food coloring
- 1 tsp vinegar per glass of water
- Whatever additional ingredients your preferred deviled egg recipe calls for for the filling – here are a bunch.
How to make:
Place your container of egg whites next to glasses of water.
Squeeze 3-4 drops of dye in glass of water/vinegar.
Place egg whites in glasses. I put 2-3 egg whites in each color at a time.
Let the egg whites sit in the glass until they achieve the desired color. I left mine in the glasses for approximately 10 minutes.
Use a spoon to fish them out of the glasses and place them hollow-side-down on a paper towel-covered plate. Allow them to dry.
Prepare the deviled egg filling as you normally would. (Here are a bunch of deviled egg recipes from Food Network if you’re looking for one.)
Lay egg whites hollow-side-up on a platter and scoop or pipe the filling in each one. Dust the tops with paprika.
Prepare yourself for the crowd to go wild!
Made too many? Turn ’em into the most colorful egg salad you ever laid your eyes on! :)
- Shamrock Pound Cake
- 10-Second Rainbow Cupcakes – St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Hack
- Peeps Egg Surprise Cupcakes
- Easy Easter Candy Centerpieces – Peeps, M&Ms and Chocolate Bunnies
- Easy Easter Candy Mug Gift Silhouette Project
- 20 Awesome Leprechaun Tricks to Play on Kids!
- FREE Printable Leprechaun Jokes (Perfect for Lunches!)
- Rainbow Pot of Gold Teacher Gift with FREE Printable Tag
- DIY Peeps Shirts
- St. Patrick’s Day Home Decor Inspiration
- Leprechaun Cookies
- Leprechaun Bait + Free Printable Tags