This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Pass the Presents White Elephant Gift Exchange Game FREE PRINTABLE
Do you ever play a white elephant gift game during the holidays? These silly gift exchanges are always a lot of fun to play with family and friends. A “white elephant” gift is one that you typically exchange by playing some sort of game or swap. The particular details are totally up to you, though there are some pre-party decisions that you should make prior to your event and make sure you share them with attendees:
- Price limit for gift
- Wrapped or unwrapped? (This game uses wrapped gifts!)
- Any kind of theme?
Where can you buy White Elephant gifts?
One word: ANYWHERE! My favorite places to buy White Elephant gifts are usually Amazon or brick and mortar stores like 5 Below. Homegoods, Kohl’s, and some of the big box stores also usually have good white elephant gifts.
I tend to buy funny items for the White Elephant Gifts I give, but yours may vary depending on the theme of your gift exchange.
How to play Pass the Presents White Elephant Gift Exchange Game:
This is a VERY easy White Elephant gift exchange game! We have played variations of this game many times over the years but this is the one we use the most often.
1. Have every person who will be participating in the gift exchange bring a gift to your party. (This game assumes that the gifts are all wrapped at the beginning of the game.)
2. You will need: 1 die (or feel free to have enough dice for everyone to have their own) or a spinner that includes numbers 1 through 6 and at least one copy of our Pass the Presents White Elephant Gift Exchange Game FREE PRINTABLE.
3. To begin the game, everyone chooses a present from the pile. (This game works best if everyone is sitting around a table.) Each person takes a turn rolling the die. Use the printable game card to determine what he or she needs to do for each number rolled.
4. Game is over when all gifts have been unwrapped and each person keeps the gift they are holding when the final gift is unwrapped.
ALTERNATE ENDING: Set a timer. The most recent time we played this game, we had about 12 people playing and set a timer for 30 minutes. We continued playing after all gifts had been unwrapped. Game was over when the timer went off and you kept what gift you were holding at that moment. Super fun and adding the timer element really made for a wild ending!
Looking for our original version of this game? Get it here.
Other posts you might enjoy…