This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
First, I shared this easy whipped coffee recipe with you. Now it’s time to kick it up (just a little) notch! Give this cookies and cream whipped coffee a try. It tastes like coffee and OREO cookies!
About a month ago, this new whipped coffee phenomenon hit social media. Also referred to as Dalgona Coffee, you can now find this whipped cup ‘o caffeine on many blogs and even news sites. When you can’t get to your local coffee shop, this drink is a great substitute!
The thing is, this recipe is SO easy and believe it or not, the main ingredient is INSTANT COFFEE. (I KNOW!) LOL! Needless to say, it has been a long time since we have had instant coffee on hand – probably not since our tent camping days!
OREO Whipped Coffee
For this twist on the original whipped coffee, we used two OREO flavored foods to add a delicious cookies and cream taste to this drink. International Delight OREO flavored coffee creamer and actual OREO cookie bits as garnish are the two cookie flavored highlights in our recipe.
We are always surprised to watch how perfectly this concoction of water, sugar and instant coffee whips up into a frothy topping! It’s pretty fabulous!
Cookies and Cream Whipped Coffee Recipe
Cookies and Cream Dalgona Whipped Coffee Recipe
- hand mixer
- two 16 oz glasses
- ice (enough to fill half of each glass)
- 16 oz milk 8 oz per serving
- International Delight Oreo Coffee Cream
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 OREO cookies crumbled, for garnish
- You will use equal parts of all three ingredients, just as an FYI. Feel free to make more if you are serving more than 2 people - simply keep all ingredients equal in amounts.
- Combine instant coffee, sugar and water in a mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to whip the ingredients together until fluffy (peaks should appear in the "fluff.")
- Add ice to glasses.
- Pour OREO coffee creamer over ice. (1 tbs for a hint of OREO taste, or you can add more if you want a stronger taste)
- Pour milk over ice.
- Top with whipped coffee mixture.
- Garnish with OREO crumbles on top.
- Enjoy immediately.
If you decide to give this trendy drink a try, let me know what you think. Again, we were NOT fans at first (when just sampling the whipped coffee portion). So don’t be discouraged if you lick the beater (come on, you know you might) and it tastes like super sweet instant coffee. LOL – because that’s exactly what IT IS!
Add it to milk, mix it all together, THEN try it.
Some other posts you might enjoy…