This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Warm Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
You won’t have to compromise taste for effort on this one. We love this creamy, warm buffalo chicken dip and make it often! Check out the slow cooker recipe below to see how easy this perfect appetizer is to make!
It’s about that time of year. The time of year when our beach towels and pool floats seem like a distant memory. We have traded in our flip flops and suntan lotion for fuzzy boots and scarves that cover every square inch of our faces. Even though there’s always a twinge of sadness as the summer warmth fades and Old Man Winter settles in, I do sure love planning menus around the coldest time of the year! Winter is perfect for warm, cozy, slow cooker type foods. Hot and savory appetizers and hearty soups will warm up any cold weather party! This recipe is one of our favorites.
Warm Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
Not a big surprise, the key ingredient to our Warm Buffalo Chicken Dip is a tangy ranch dressing. A shortcut for this recipe is to use a cooked rotisserie chicken from the store. Otherwise, just toss some chicken breasts into your Instant Pot with a little chicken stock and you’ll have moist chicken ready for shredding in no time.
1 Cup Kraft Classic Ranch Dressing
1 Cup hot sauce
8 Oz Cream Cheese
2 Cups of shredded chicken
1 bag of tortilla chips
Optional: celery sticks to serve with the dip
How to make warm buffalo chicken dip
1. Turn slow cooker on low. I have a small slow cooker that is the perfect size for serving warm dips!
2. Add cream cheese to slow cooker to let it soften a little while you mix the other ingredients.
3. Add shredded chicken to a mixing bowl.
4. Add hot sauce to chicken.
5. Add Kraft ranch dressing to chicken.
6. Mix together until all ingredients are combined.
7. Add ingredients to slow cooker.
8. Mix with cream cheese. Cover. Let simmer on low for 3ish hours, stirring occasionally.
9. Bump slow cooker down to “keep warm.” You can serve this dip directly from the slow cooker or place in a serving bowl. It’s best hot though, so if you move it to a serving bowl it should be enjoyed immediately.
Serve with chips or celery.
Not only is the taste hearty and delicious, the prep-time is minimal and the ingredients are budget-friendly, especially if you use a rotisserie chicken. Consider picking up a rotisserie chicken to shred for this recipe. It eliminates the need to cook any chicken AND it’s already full of seasoning/flavor.
To save some time on party day, you can totally prep this dip the day before you want to serve it. Shred the chicken and mix it with the hot sauce and ranch dressing. Stick in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, dump in the slow cooker with cream cheese and cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally!
Other posts you might enjoy…