This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
We have officially kicked off the ’16 camping season with a fun weekend in the Poconos last weekend! We love camping so much and are so excited for a new summer filled with places to explore, relax and unwind.
One of the new recipes that we tried during our trip ended up being a big winner and I wanted to share! It’s very easy to make, just three ingredients (though you could certainly play around with different flavored chocolate and other add-ins like peanut butter). Please keep in mind that kids need adult supervision around the campfire at all times!
What you will need:
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips
How to make:
1. Slice the banana and peel lengthwise on one side.
2. Tuck some mini marshmallows and chocolate chips inside the banana and peel.
3. Wrap banana in a piece of aluminum foil.
4. Place foil pouches in the campfire (on a grill grate or right in the fire) for about 5 minutes. Melting/cooking time may vary depending on how hot your fire is and how close the pouches are to the flames. You may want to check your bananas after 3 minutes and put back if it needs more time.
5. Grab a fork and eat your dessert right out of the foil pouch… no plate required!
What are YOUR favorite camping snacks and recipes?
Other posts you might enjoy…