This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
DIY Jolly Rancher Shot Glass – edible “glass!”
Who says you can’t play with your food (or in this case, drink!)? Make these easy DIY Jolly Rancher shot glass cocktails from real Jolly Rancher candies. Then enjoy a sweet drink from them!
These DIY Jolly Rancher shot glasses are sure to be a huge hit at your next party. Not only are they practical, they are a totally fun conversation piece! If you have ever had a Jolly Rancher hard candy, you know the yummy, sweet, fruity taste. Now imagine using that actual candy to create a shot glass for your favorite sweet boozy concoction. This one is destined to be a winner and will be something that your friends remember and ask you to make again!
The glasses themselves are surprisingly easy to make.
You will need a silicone shot glass mold (which until this recipe, I didn’t even realize existed!)! LOL!
DIY Candy Shot Glass Supplies
Makes 4 shot glasses
68 Jolly Ranchers (17 Jolly Rancher candies PER SHOT GLASS), unwrapped
1.5 ounces tequila
1.5 ounces orange liqueur (for example Grand Marnier)
4 ounces margarita sour mix
Wilton shot glass mold
How to Make Jolly Rancher Shot Glasses
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Place shot glass mold onto a baking sheet. In each cavity of the mold, you will need 17 Jolly Rancher candies for each shot glass you want to make. Carefully place 7 pieces of candy vertically into the mold, which will be around the middle silicone section. On top of those, add 7 more candies. On top add two more candies and then cut one candy in half and place in the middle. You can place your candy in any pattern or as a solid.
3. Place baking sheet in oven for 7-9 minutes or until candies are completely melted.
4. Take out of oven and carefully, but firmly, tap the plate or cutting board a few times to get rid of any air bubbles.
5. Allow to cool and harden completely. If you pull the shot glass from the mold too soon, it will be too pliable, and you will get a weird shape. Trust me.
6. Pull shot glasses from the mold. You will need to pull firmly to get them loose.
7. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add tequila, orange liqueur and sour mix. Shake vigorously.
8. Pour your cocktail into the Jolly Rancher shot glasses. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
You can of course play around with the actual cocktail/shot recipes and choose whatever combo you like. Since the Jolly Ranchers themselves are very sweet, we chose liqueurs that were sour, creating a sweet and sour candy theme around our drinks. Your party guests will love these shot glasses! They definitely add something “extra” to your drink lineup!
More fun you might enjoy…