This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Grab a few wine corks, round up some acrylic paint, and let the kids rock out these adorable crafts! This DIY wine cork American Flag paintings project doubles as pretty patriotic decor!
Wine Cork American Flag Paintings – Easy Kid Craft
Every year as summer arrives and the 4th of July gets closer, the kids and I come up with different patriotic themed crafts for them to make. Our projects have ranged from simple red, white and blue paper chains made out of construction paper to more time-consuming DIY projects. Your kids are going to love today’s project idea! These adorable wine cork American flag paintings are fun and easy to make. They will decorate your home with their bright colors!
This project would be perfect for an array of holidays, including 4th of July, Memorial Day and Flag Day.
Check out our easy tutorial below and let the the kids unleash their creative sides!
Wine Cork American Flag Paintings Supplies
To make these paintings you will need:
How to Make Wine Cork American Flag Paintings
This is a pretty simple process and easy to do with older or younger kids!
1. Pour a small amount of red and blue paint out onto a paper plate.
2. Dip one wine cork into the blue paint and create a blue rectangle in the upper right corner.
3. Dip the other wine cork into the red paint and create red flag stripes.
4. Let the flag painting dry for a bit before adding the white stars. Add the white stars to the blue section of the flag.
5. Allow the wine cork American flag paintings to dry completely and then display them around the house! They will brighten up any space and that perfect mix of handmade + Americana. I love how these pictures turned out!
More fun you might enjoy…