This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
This post is sponsored by ALDI. We were provided with a gift certificate to use towards the purchase of ingredients used to make this recipe. No compensation was received. All opinions are 100% our own.
Last night we made this DELICIOUS Whole Grain Spaghetti with Turkey Sausage, Goat Cheese, Peppers & Onions recipe that is featured on ALDI’s blog. We were able to round up all of the ingredients at ALDI. As it cooked, the aroma throughout the house was incredible. We knew that if dinner tasted HALF as good as it smelled, we were in for a real treat. It was SCRUMPTIOUS!
Round up the ingredients and try it out for yourself!
You will need:
- 1 Box of Fit & Active Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti
- 4 Tbsp. Carlini 100% Pure Olive Oil, divided, plus more for garnish
- 2 lbs. Fit & Active Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage,casing removed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 sweet onions, root end removed and cut into 1/4-inch slices lengthwise
- 1 package tricolor peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices and then halved (if very long)
- Stonemill Essentials Iodized Table Salt
- 1/3 cup drained Tuscan Garden Hot or Mild Giardiniera or Pepperoncini; Peppers or Banana Peppers, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 log Happy Farms Preferred Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese, at room temperature
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook turkey sausage, breaking up pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through (work in batches, if necessary, to avoid overcrowding your pan).
- Place on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil to pan and cook onions and peppers until softened and starting to brown (again, working in batches, if necessary, to avoid overcrowding your pan), about 8 minutes.
- Season with 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Add Giardiniera and garlic and cook 1 minute longer, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, generously salt a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Cook pasta until “al dente” according to package directions, drain, and reserve 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Place 3/4 cup cooking liquid in a large bowl and add goat cheese, whisking to combine.
- Return pasta to pot along with goat cheese mixture, sausage, and pepper mixture.
- Over low heat, toss to thoroughly combine and add reserved ¼ cup pasta cooking liquid, if necessary, so that sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Divide among pasta bowls, drizzle with a splash of olive oil, and serve with additional Giardiniera, if desired.
GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED.