This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Hold on to your hats – this is a good one! Take your candy apples to the next level with this Walnut White Chocolate Caramel Apple recipe that’s sure to satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth!
Personally, I enjoy a caramel coated apple any old time of the year. I love the salty sweet taste and could probably feast on these treats every day if given the chance. Of course, the fall months always seem to see an upkick in apple treats! It’s no surprise: September and October see week after week of apple picking at orchards across the country. Here in the northeastern US, local farms host big festivals every week and families pile into their cars and head out to pick apples by the bushel.
It’s very rare that I meet an apple recipe that I don’t love. Actually, I’m not sure that it has ever happened. I love everything apple.
This recipe is absolutely delicious, not to mention completely eye-appealing! These walnut white chocolate caramel apple treats will be the crowning jewel of your dessert table. They would also make excellent bake sale treats.
How to Make Walnut White Chocolate Caramel Apple Treats!
Check out the recipe card below, which you can also print if you’d like.
You can speed up the process by having the apples washed, chilled and inserting a candy stick into each one. You can melt the caramel and white chocolate at the same time, or you could caramel all of the apples and then repeat with the white chocolate.
I suggest crushing the walnuts ahead of time so that when the caramel and chocolate are melted, you can move right through the topping process.
Walnut White Chocolate Caramel Apple Treats
- Candy sticks for apples
- Straws to decorate sticks
- Parchment paper
- 6 apples orchard picked (wax-free) work best
- 11 oz package of caramels
- 1 cup white melting chocolate
- 1 cup walnuts crushed
- 1 tbsp water
- candy sprinkles
- Wash apples and place them in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to chill. (This will help the candy coatings stick better!)
- In a bowl (microwave) or saucepan (stovetop), melt the caramel and water.
- In a bowl (microwave) or candy melter, melt the white chocolate.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Insert a candy stick into the top of each apple.
- Dip each apple into the caramel, then roll the apple in the crushed walnuts.
- Drizzle apple with melted white chocolate and top with candy sprinkles.
- Repeat steps with each apple.
- Place tray of apples into the refrigerator to help the caramel and chocolate set.
- Snip straws to size and place them over the candy sticks for decoration!
You can really have fun with all sorts of different flavor combinations!
What is your favorite topping for candy apples?
Other posts you might enjoy.. .