This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Because Fall. And apples. And adult beverages. All of that plus a super best friend who not only understands my borderline-psychotic obsession for all-things-apple, but who supports my obsession by concocting apple-themed recipes during our annual autumnal soiree. These are the pieces that came together to put this incredibly tasty sparkling mulled apple cider cocktail in my hand! This recipe was inspired by a version from Food Network.
You will need:
- 1 quart apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 knob fresh ginger, smashed
- 3 whole cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 firm red apple (we used Gala), cut into small cubes
- 1 firm green apple (we used Granny Smith), cut into small cubes
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 750 -ml bottle dry cava or other dry sparkling wine (we used Prosecco)
How to make:
1. In a large pot, stir the cider, cinnamon sticks, ginger, cloves and nutmeg together over medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
3. Simmer until reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
4. Set aside to cool, then strain. (Note: I have also had great luck mulling cider in my slow cooker. I just toss everything together and let it heat for a few hours on low. Makes a nice alternative to the stove top.)
5. In a medium mixing bowl, toss the apples, lemon juice and sugar.
6. Add the apples to the cooled cider and refrigerate until chilled.
7. When ready to serve the cocktails, fill glasses about halfway with the cider mixture and top with the Prosecco.
8. Stir and serve.
Other posts you might enjoy…