This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
This past weekend something funny, yet downright amazing happened. I was over at my Dad’s house watching these super cool treasure hunters look for historic artifacts around the yard. While everyone sat eating lunch, I took a quick scroll through the Facebook to see if anything riveting was occuring in my circle of friends and fam. Out of nowhere this most impressive, colorful, succulent looking recipe popped out of my feed from Skinnytaste. It was for a Southwestern Black Bean Salad that looked simply amazing. I quickly tagged Bob in the comments and told him I wanted to make that recipe and got back to watching the treasure hunt.
A couple hours later, I arrived home. You will not believe what I found waiting for me in my kitchen…. There was a big container of this most delicious recipe, made by Bob himself because he’s an utter GEM!
Yes, it tastes as good as it looks. No, actually? It tastes better than it looks. The flavor literally bursts in your mouth as you chew. We have already made a 2nd batch since Saturday and have enjoyed it with chips, on salad, even topped onto burgers. I can’t get enough!
We tweaked this recipe ever-so-slightly from the original. Check it out!
You will need:
- 15.5 oz can black beans
- 2-3 cobs of corn, grilled and cut off the cob (or 1.5 cups frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- Juice from 1-2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 medium avocado (diced)
- 1 diced jalapeno (optional)
How to make:
1. In a large bowl, combine everything except for the olive oil, lime juice and avocado.
2. Squeeze lime juice over the contents of the bowl.
3. Stir in olive oil.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Add avocado just before serving.
Other posts you might enjoy…