This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Looking for a light and fresh dessert idea that looks perfectly patriotic? Try these delicious red, white and blue trifle jars. They are delicious and just 5 WW points per jar!
Easy Red White and Blue Trifle Jars!
I’m not quite sure what it is about a patriotic color scheme that makes me so excited to plan a party menu. But one of my absolute FAVORITE party themes of all time is one that requires a red, white and blue color combination. I love this combo and any summer that finds us home and not traveling over the 4th of July usually means we are throwing a pool party. And what do we pair with a mid-summer pool party? Red, white and blue everything, of course!
I am so excited to share this new addition to our 4th of July content collection today. I am laughing a little as I write this recipe post for a trifle because I can’t stop thinking about the episode of Friends when Rachel makes the Beef Trifle. I digress.
THIS trifle is sweet, light and delicious. We made them up in individual jars for the ultimate portable party snack. The colors scream USA and if you are following WW Freestyle Points, each jar is only 5 points! Enjoy this indulgent treat without blowing your daily points allowance.
Patriotic Trifle Jars Ingredients
1 slice of angel food cake (cut into bite-size pieces)
1/2 cup strawberries (chopped)
1/4 cup blueberries
3 tablespoons fat free whipped topping (note: if you aren’t following WW, feel free to use more!)
How to Make Trifle Jars
1. Place half the pieces of angel food cake in the bottom of a pint-size jar.
2. Top the cake pieces with ¼ cup chopped strawberries and two tablespoons blueberries.
3. Top the fruit with 1 1/2 tablespoons whipped topping.
4. Add the remaining pieces of angel food cake to the jar.
5. Top with remaining strawberries and blueberries.
6. Top with 1 ½ tablespoons whipped topping.
7. Add additional fruit on top for decoration (optional).
Red White and Blue Trifle Jars
- 1 slice angel food cake cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries hulled, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp fat free whipped topping
- Place half the pieces of angel food cake in the bottom of a pint-size jar.
- Top the cake pieces with ¼ cup chopped strawberries and two tablespoons blueberries.
- Top the fruit with 1 1/2 tablespoons whipped topping.
- Add the remaining pieces of angel food cake to the jar.
- Top with remaining strawberries and blueberries.
- Top with 1 ½ tablespoons whipped topping. Add additional fruit on top for decoration (optional).
- These jars are best if they are made up right before serving.
I love adding these trifle jars to our summer bbq menu, but honestly I don’t need an excuse to make these. They are so easy to put together and they are something my entire family will eat, which we all know is a huge bonus!
These jars are best if they are made up right before serving. If you try to prep them ahead of time, the angel food cake will soak up the moisture from the whipped topping and get a little mushy. You could even set up a DIY trifle jar bar at your party and allow guests to fill their own jars with the ingredients. This recipe is always a crowd pleaser!
More fun you might enjoy…