This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Have you seen the fun and often times colorful ICE CREAM BREAD recipe that has been popping up all over social media this year? Not only is it a tasty treat, but it’s also incredibly simply to make with just 2 ingredients (plus some sprinkles).
In this house, we are fans of pretty much everything ice cream. A few years ago, we toured the Ben and Jerry’s factory and that was so much fun! I like ice cream a lot, but Bob and the kids are borderline obsessed with it.
We have seen this illusive “ice cream bread” making it’s rounds on social media and decided to give it a try.
Much to our surprise, it turned out very good! It is so easy to make and the ingredient list is minimal.
Try other variations: You can feel free to play around with this bread and add other mix-ins such as chocolate chips, nuts, fruit slices, etc. Anything that’s not liquid-based should work well. You can pair the ice cream flavor to the mix-in (for example strawberry ice cream and add fresh strawberry slices).
Words of warning:
- Make SURE you use self-rising flour. This is essential.
- ONLY use full-fat ice cream. The fat and sugar are necessary for the bread’s consistency and sweetness.
- Do NOT over mix!
- Use naturally melted (ie leave it out on the counter) ice cream instead of microwaving it.
Make Some Ice Cream Bread!
Ice Cream Bread
- bread loaf pan
- 1 pint full fat vanilla ice cream
- 1.5 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- non-stick cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the ice cream and flour in a mixing bowl. Be careful not to overmix.
- Mix in the sprinkles.
- Spray a bread loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter into pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes (until an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
- Serve and enjoy!
This bread can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week after baking it. You could also freeze it for later if you prefer.
We had pretty low expectations for this recipe due to the simplicity of the ingredient list. I’m happy to report – we were pleasantly surprised with the outcome!
If you end up giving this recipe a try, let us know how it turned out and what you thought! Did you end up making a different variation that turned out tasty? Tell us about it!