This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Have you been following our birthday month madness on Instagram and Facebook?! Today we are celebrating our sweet girl’s 6th birthday. Seeing as how I put up my very first post on this blog when she was just 5 months old, I simply cannot fathom how so much time has passed by so quickly!
So this morning, the birthday girl was treated to a special birthday breakfast. We made “birthday pancakes” that received squeals of delight and shrieks of “BEST. DAY. EVERRRRRRR!” from Lily.
The secret? Nothing more than rainbow sprinkles added to the pancake batter. :D You could, of course, use any pancake batter that you prefer. We almost always make ours up from scratch. Here’s our recipe!
You will need:
- 2 Cups white all-purpose flour
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP oil
- 2 Cups milk
- RAINBOW SPRINKLES for birthday pancakes
How to make:
- Preheat griddle to 400 degrees F and grease it lightly.
- Add the milk, eggs and oil to a large mixing bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Add remaining ingredients (except rainbow sprinkles) and whisk together.
- Just before cooking, add rainbow sprinkles and mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto the griddle and cook until bubbles cover the tops of the pancakes.
- Flip pancakes and cook until the other side is browned.
We sure did!