This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Need a perfectly EASY and delicious hot appetizer for your next party or tailgate? These BBQ pineapple cocktail sausages are amazing! So simple to make and the perfect tangy sweet taste.
Ah… the cocktail sausage. Staple of party appetizer menus nationwide! There are several reasons that these miniature sausages make a great addition to any party – they’re cheap, tasty and super easy to prepare. (You can literally heat and serve them.) If you’re looking for a simple appetizer, this is about as easy as it gets.
I love tossing them into our small warming crock pot before a party and I usually add a squirt of barbecue sauce to jazz them up a little.
Last week I made them and added a small piece of pineapple to each toothpick. OhEMgee. DELICIOUS! It was the perfect combo of tangy + sweet.
Make it even simpler: If you don’t have time to dice up a fresh pineapple (if you do, you NEED this pineapple corer!), you can absolutely substitute canned pineapple!!
Easy appetizers free up your time!
You will need:
Pineapple (cut into 1 inch cubes)
How to make:
1. Add entire package of cocktail sausages to crock pot.
2. Add some BBQ sauce (I added about 1/2 Cup) and stir until all sausages are coated.
3. Heat on low/warm for a couple of hours, until heated through. Sometimes I’ll leave them in the crock pot during the party and let guests help themselves. For these poppers I heated them in the crock pot for about 2 hours and then removed them.
4. Place each cocktail sausage on a toothpick with a piece of pineapple. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and serve!
Sometimes it’s the simplest recipes that end up being the crowd favorites and this one is no exception! Enjoy the minimal prep required to make this appetizer and free up more of your time to spend with yours guests.
Easy BBQ Pineapple Cocktail Sausages Recipe
BBQ Pineapple Cocktail Sausages
- Small slow cooker
- 1 pack cocktail sausages
- pineapple chunks (fresh or canned, 1 per sausage)
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce plus extra to drizzle/dip
- Place one package of cocktail sausages in a small slow cooker.
- Add 1/2 cup bbq sauce and stir to coat all of the sausages.
- Heat on warm or low for a couple of hours.
- Guests can serve themselves from the slow cooker (and add their own pineapples) OR you can remove the sausages from the cooker just before serving.
- Place 1 sausage and 1 piece of pineapple on a toothpick. Drizzle the sausage/pineapple combo with more bbq sauce.
Other posts you might enjoy…