This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
OVERNIGHT OATS. Where have they been my whole life? That’s an easy answer: they have been safely tucked away on my Pinterest boards because I was too terrified to make them. How utterly dumb of me! Turns out, these are one of the easiest recipes ever to make. You do need to be a bit of a forward thinker – as they take hours before they are ready – but as far as prep goes, it’s about as easy as it gets.
Overnight oats consists of rolled oats (not the instant oats) mixed with the liquid of your choice (milk, greek yogurt, almond milk, etc). You mix equal parts oats and liquid in a container or mason jar, cover and refrigerate for several hours (ideally overnight).
You can get creative with your toppings and mix in whatever fruit you love. Berries top my favorite fruit to add!
Fruit that would work great: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples, bananas, peaches
Non-fruit mix-ins that also work great: walnuts, almonds, honey, cinnamon, peanut butter, Nutella, granola
For this recipe in particular: if you are following 21 Day Fix, this recipe uses all Fix-approved foods and can be counted as: 2 purple, 1 yellow, 1 tsp, 1 blue
You will need:
- 1 small/medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries
- Equal parts rolled oats and unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk
- 1 Tsp honey
- 8 walnut halves (I crush mine so they go further!)
- Mix equal parts rolled oats and unsweetened almond milk
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours (ideally overnight)
- Remove from refrigerator and uncover
- Drizzle honey on top
- Add raspberries, bananas and walnuts
- Stir ingredients together and enjoy!
Other posts you might enjoy…