This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
This post is sponsored by Valley Forge. All opinions are 100% our own.
I’m going to take a wild guess that this summer isn’t shaping up the way you originally pictured it. Are your plans different now versus months ago when you first started to kick around possible vacation plans for the fam? I know our summer is going to look very different. Instead of exploring the Grand Canyon as we planned, we will be sticking closer to home. We aren’t as disappointed as I would have guessed, because we know that a staycation can be an awesome travel option. Do you remember our Montco Staycation from last summer? We had a blast!
Why Should You Consider a Montco Staycation for Your Fam this Year?
It’s hard to know where to start, but let me try to break it down for you.
- The savings: You can find incredible deals and access one HECK of a digital savings booklet when you stay at one of the 80+ participating Montco hotels (see below).
- The affordability: Forget costly airfare or car rentals. Travel just doesn’t get more affordable than a local staycation!
- Safety first: Montco businesses are taking your health and safety seriously. From the hotels to restaurants and attractions, you will find enhanced cleaning procedures and health safeguards, social distancing measures where/when appropriate and extra sanitizing.
- So much to do: From shopping and fine dining to exploring the nation’s history and having a blast at entertainment venues, there’s simply no need to travel far from home to find fun and make new memories.
- For some adult time: Try your luck at the casino, enjoy a culinary feast, shop til you drop.
- For the fam: Pop into LEGOLAND Discovery Center, visit the animals at Elmwood Park Zoo, learn about the Revolutionary War at Valley Forge Park. Perhaps you’ll explore some of the 96 miles of trails that criss-cross Montgomery County or try indoor skydiving at iFly!
Ready to start planning your Montco staycation? Keep reading!
#MakeItMontco Hotel Package
This year you can plan a staycation of your own. Montgomery County, PA is a fabulous staycation location. And just like last summer, the folks at the Valley Forge Tourism & Convention Board have put together a pretty sweet hotel package that will save you some dough.
You can book now for hotel stays through December 31, 2020, and upon check-in at one of 80+ participating Montgomery County hotels, you will receive an exclusive #MakeItMontco digital coupon booklet via the Visit Valley Forge App valued at over $300.
More about the digital savings:
- Enjoy savings from 30 popular Montco area partners on the digital savings booklet – a $300 value.
- It’s more convenient than ever to plan a weekend getaway in Montco, where there’s room to stay, and space to play, while safely social distancing.
- This year’s specialized hotel rates and other deals will begin the first day of summer, and extend through the rest of the year, and be offered exclusively through the free Visit Valley Forge mobile app.
- The package grants guests access to a wide variety of exclusive savings at some of the best restaurants, and other attractions when they book a stay at any participating Montgomery County hotel.
There’s an App for That
Head over to your app store of choice (Apple App Store or Google Play Store) and grab the free Visit Valley Forge App.
Not only is this where you will be able to enter the code you receive upon hotel check-in to load your digital coupon booklet, this app is loaded with good info!
Check out the app features:
- Search for restaurants by cuisine, hotels, attractions, outdoors activities, arts and culture, golf, and more
- With 80+ world-class hotels, use the hotels tab to find the best fit for you
- Explore the tours & itineraries section to discover the fun things that Montgomery County, Pa. has to offer
- Use the Events tab to find out what’s happening during your visit
- Claim special offers to use during your trip in the discount section under Maps & Info
- Enjoy our free digital guides that highlight attractions, restaurants, family fun, outdoor activities, arts and culture, golf, and more
Last Summer we stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites (Valley Forge/Oaks). We had a great stay and would highly recommend this hotel! We spent a comfy night there and the location was superb, putting us just minutes from many popular attractions, shops and restaurants.