This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Rolling right along with our Moana inspired party posts (can you tell I am in the middle of planning a Disney party?!)… today I have a fun drink idea for you! This “look” can be achieved with any blue beverage, so you have many options. Typically I might have used a Blue Hawaiian Punch + Pineapple Juice + Lemon Lime Soda combo that I have used for other parties. But when I saw the Pineapple Flavored Coconut Water today at ALDI, I picked that up instead in the hopes that my drink would have less sugar that my Hawaiian Punch go-to drink.
I love the way this drink ended up looking! I was even able to cut an oval shape out of a watermelon Airhead (green!) to resemble the “Heart of Te Fiti” which Moana is given by the ocean.
Coconut Water with Pineapple
Lemon Lime Soda
1/3 C Confectioner’s Sugar
1 TBSP Water
Watermelon Airhead (cut into oval shape)
Blue Sugar Crystals
Blue Food Coloring
How to make:
1. I started with the glass first. I wanted to rim the top with blue sugar crystals. This is pretty simple to do. You need to make a sugar paste by mixing confectioner’s sugar with a tiny amount of water. I used 1/4 Cup of sugar with about 1 TBSP of water. You want the consistency to be a thick paste.
2. Dip the rim of your glass(es) in the paste and shake excess paste off.
3. Dip the rim into sugar crystals until you get the coated look you prefer.
4. To make the island punch, I started out by combining equal parts of Coconut Water with the soda. Then I added a little bit more coconut water until it had the sweetness that I desired.
Add 2-4 drops of blue food coloring until you get the shade of blue you like.
5. I used a funnel to transfer the beverage to my drinking glass so that I didn’t get the sugar crystals on the rim wet.
6. Add your Airhead “Heart of Te Fiti” and a straw. You’re all set!
Check out our DISNEY VIDEO REEL!