This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Last year Bob and I threw these together in a matter of minutes. I know for a fact that they were beyond simple to construct because we made them during Landon’s first week home from the hospital. We were cranky, tired, stressed out and yes, tired. So if you have just a few minutes and a handful of supplies, you can make these too! I still can’t believe how something so simple could end up being one of my very favorite decorations!
To make your own little family of mummies, here’s what you need:
- Mason Jars (any size, up to you)
- Googly Eyes
- Glue (I used craft glue dots)
- Battery operated tea light candles (I bought a set of 48 candles on Ebay for about $15)
How to make:
- Wrap each mason jar in gauze. (Gauze should stick to itself but feel free to use a small piece of tape if it doesn’t want to stay put.)
- Glue 2 googly eyes to each jar.
- Insert candle.
- Squeal with delight over such festive cuteness!
Before the lights went out:
After the lights went out:
Other posts you might enjoy…