This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Calling anyone who loves Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes! This individually portioned dessert is really easy to make and such a fun twist on the iconic tree cake! These Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cheesecake cups make a great treat to enjoy this holiday season.
This past weekend, Lily and I were at a local craft show. As we perused the various vendor booths filled with soaps and jewelry and other cute and gifty items, I laughed out loud at the pair of earrings I saw. The earrings were dangly Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes! I told the shop owner how fun I thought they were and his eyes lit up and he said, “Oh my God – thank you for realizing they are Little Debbie Tree Cakes!!” These sugary pre-packaged cakes in tree shapes were ALWAYS a pantry staple in my childhood home. I still usually have a tree cake or two each Christmas season.
It’s pretty easy to pick out items inspired by these popular snack cakes – they have a white chocolate base with red icing and green sprinkles (sugar crystals) dusted on top!
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cheesecake
Any fan of the Lil Deb tree cakes will LOVE these fun single-serve desserts. They feature tree cake chunks in the cup and then a whole tree cake garnishes the top!
Each serving can be served up in a plastic cup or small jar. I love using clear cups/jars because it is fun to see the different layers! Make plans to whip up these cups for your next holiday party.
Oh! I almost forgot – this is a no-bake recipe, which means you won’t need an oven to make them. You will want to pop them in the fridge for about an hour before serving to get them nice and chilled.
No Bake Cheesecake Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make these tree cake dessert cups:
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8-oz tub frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 10 Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes, divided
- White sanding sugar
- 5 small clear plastic cups
How to Make Tree Cake Cheesecake Cups
Follow the simple steps on the recipe card below to make these treats.
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Cheesecake Cups
- hand mixer
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 10 Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes divided
- white sanding sugar
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and sour cream together until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Set aside 5 tree cakes and chop up the remaining 5 cakes.
- Add a layer of cut up cake to the bottom of each cup.
- Top with a layer of the cheesecake mixture.
- Add another layer of cut up cake.
- Top with a layer of cheesecake mixture.
- Place the cups in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before you serve these cups to your guests, press one Christmas Tree Cake into the top of each cheesecake cup. Decorate the top with white sanding sugar.
I hope this recipe is just what you were looking for! It is sure to make the perfect addition to your Christmas party menu. Everyone else will be bringing cookies, dessert dips and cupcakes… dare to be a little different! My family got such a kick out of this dessert. The Little Debbie snack cakes were a fun way to complete the holiday look.
If you have a few minutes, make sure you browse my huge collection of Christmas content! Lots of recipes, DIY ideas and printables.
Let me know if you decide to give this recipe a try! I would love to hear how it turns out for you! Feel free to tag me if you post a picture of it on social media – I would love to see your version!