This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Lemon Dill Salmon Air Fryer Recipe
Only try this Lemon Dill Salmon Air Fryer Recipe if you want mouthwatering salmon PERFECTION. Cooks up perfect every time and the taste is just bursting with flavor.
Have you jumped on the air fryer wagon yet? I have been so tempted over the years but between our Instant Pot, multiple slow cookers, etc, I just couldn’t wrap my brain around the idea of another kitchen appliance. Then one by one, friends and family started to get their own air fryers. Picture after picture of tasty looking meals starting surfacing in my newsfeed. Still, I resisted. Then during the holiday deal season, I found a great sale and couldn’t resist! Much like when we first got our Instant Pot, I was hesitant to start using it.
Then finally a couple weeks ago we tried a very very simple recipe – roasted cauliflower. Very easy, very tasty.
Each day we found ourselves trying more and more easy air fryer recipes. We have now made steak, chicken, salmon and more in the air fryer. What a great little machine! It convection cooks the food and gives it such a great, fully-cooked flavor with a little crisp depending on how long you cook it.
This salmon recipe is far and away some of the best, EASIEST salmon I have cooked.
Lemon Dill Salmon Ingredients
Salmon filet, defrosted (I used a thick salmon steak – about 1-1.5 inches thick at its thickest end. The skin was still on but you could use skinned salmon if you prefer.)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
NOTE: I literally measured NOTHING for this recipe. Everything was simply added as a “dash” or a “pinch.” If you love dill, sprinkle a little extra on the fish. If you don’t like parsley, skip it. Don’t overthink this recipe! It’s super simple.
How to cook Salmon in an Air Fryer
1. Grease air fryer basket with a bit of non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place salmon in the basket.
3. Brush salmon with olive oil.
4. Slice lemon in half. Cut one half of the lemon in slices and set aside. Squeeze juice from unsliced half of lemon on the salmon.
5. Sprinkle salmon with salt, pepper, parsley flakes, dill.
6. Place 2 or 3 lemon slices on top of the salmon.
7. Place basket in air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Your cooktime will vary depending on the thickness of your salmon. This was a REALLY thick piece, so I started with 12 minutes and then gave it another 2 minutes for a total of 14 minutes. Thinner pieces of salmon might be better off starting with 10 minutes of cooktime, adding 2 minute intervals as needed.
8. Salmon is fully cooked when the fish flakes apart with a fork.
Serve immediately! YUM!!
Other posts you might enjoy…