This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
iLuv Syren Bluetooth Speaker Review
I love music and streaming movies, and small electronic devices have become the medium on which I enjoy them. I don’t have time to sit in front of a large television with a massive and perfectly tuned sound system, but I’d still like to enjoy shows and music with quality sound when I’m in the office or even propping the iPad on the sink to do the dishes. Earbuds and Headphones are great, but the cords just get in way of trying to get stuff done.
I was sent an iLuv Syren to test drive. I was skeptical as I pulled the soda-can-sized speaker out of the box and plugged it in for an initial charge. I don’t have the NFC bluetooth on my phone or iPod/iPad, but it quickly connected to my device via bluetooth (it also has an ⅛” headphone jack for non bluetooth audio devices).
I opened up some music, pushed play, and was immediately blown away by how much sound came out of the little device. Even with the volume all the way up, the sound was crisp and clear with no distortion.
Granted, this little guy isn’t going to replace your theater surround system, but at the desk, the sink or even lounging outside it’s a great little unit. The speakerphone option is convenient for when you are rocking out and don’t want to miss a call, and the audio during calls is clear and understandable.
Overall it is a fab little speaker to compliment any portable device.
Check out how easy it is to pair in this vid I made –
- Wireless music streaming via Bluetooth
- Easy One Touch pairing with NFC technology
- Top and bottom firing ports for 360-degree sound
- Full range speaker and passive radiator for enhanced bass
- Built-in mic and speakerphone for hands free phone calls
- Rechargeable lithium-ion rechargeable battery for up to 5 hours of playtime
- Auxiliary input port for a direct connection to other audio devices