This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Want a fun, easy, kid-safe DIY to try at home? Make some Kool Aid lip gloss! The process is super simple and the ingredients are minimal.
Holy moly, do I have a fun DIY project for you today! This is one that the kids are going to LOVE, won’t take hours to make, and is super budget-friendly. In fact, you only need 4 ingredients to whip up this Kool Aid lip gloss.
Whether you are planning an at home spa day, or simply looking for a fun and easy kid-friendly craft, this is the one!
The color of your lip gloss depends on what flavor/color Kool Aid you use! So for example, cherry flavored Kool Aid will produce red lip gloss. Pink lemonade flavored Kool Aid makes pink lip gloss, while grape will make purple! Have fun with this!
The ingredients are all edible and safe, so that’s another nice perk to this DIY.
Ingredients for Kool Aid Lip Gloss
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon coconut oil, divided and at room temperature
- ½ to one package Kool Aid
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 drops water
Supplies Needed to Make this DIY
How to Make DIY Lip Gloss
Okay, here’s how easy this project is to whip up!
1. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to your microwave safe bowl and heat it in the microwave until it melts completely. This will take approximately 10-15 seconds and the oil goes from solid/white to clear/liquid. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir the sugar and Kool Aid powder together. Add 2-3 drops of water, just until the color is bright and a paste has formed.
3. Mix the Kool Aid paste into the solid coconut oil. Mix them together until they are well blended.
4. Add the liquid coconut oil a few drops at a time – just until the lip gloss is thin enough to work in the dropper.
5. Fill the lip gloss containers with the liquid lip gloss.
6. Place a lid on each container.
7. Allow lip gloss to solidify at room temperature or cover and place in the refrigerator.
We have found this one to be a really fun activity and of course, the kids LOVE using the lip gloss. I like that I know exactly what the ingredients are! If you decide to give this DIY a try, let me know how it turns out for you!
More posts you might enjoy…