This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Check out this awesome idea for your next summer picnic! Create a hot dog board that resembles the American Flag! This would be perfect for a 4th of July cookout. Follow the (very!) easy directions below to assemble this Hot Dog USA Flag Board in just minutes.
Okay, I love this one.
I am so excited to add this fun and easy food idea to my 4th of July collection today.
USA Flag Inspired Dishes
Before I dive into the very very easy assembly directions, take a look at some of the other USA Flag inspired dishes that I have shared over the years:
- Patriotic USA Flag Cheese Board for 4th of July
- Stars and Stripes Patriotic Berry Pie
- American Flag Fruit Pizza (Sugar Cookie Crust)
- American Flag Fruit Toast Breakfast Treat
- USA Flag Brownie Treats – Easy Dessert!
- American Flag Oreo Cookie Pops
- American Flag Berry Marshmallow Kabobs Party Snack
- Red, White and Blue Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
4th of July Hot Dog Board
Now, back to that hot dog board!
This fun platter is such a fun and easy way to present hot dogs to a crowd. Our version does assume that those eating the hot dogs enjoy ketchup, but you can always skip the ketchup or have plain dogs on the side.
You won’t need a lot of supplies or ingredients to pull this one off and it will look awesome on your food table!
We used a bowl of blue tortilla chips (with some star-shaped cheese) on top to represent the blue corner of the American Flag. The stripes are designed courtesy of the ketchup and hot dogs and buns!
USA Flag Hot Dog Board Supplies
To make this board, you will need:
- 10 Hot Dogs
- 10 Hot Dog Buns (cooked)
- 1 Cup Blue Tortilla Chips
- 2 Slices White Cheese
- Small Sized Star Cookie Cutter
- Large Cutting Board
- Small bowl
How to Assemble
1. Fill a small bowl with the blue tortilla chips and place it in the top left corner of the cutting board.
2. Use the cookie cutter to cut 2 stars out of cheese slices and lay the stars on top of the chips.
3. Lay the hot dog buns in rows on the board, to create the flag “stripes.” Add a hot dog to each bun.
4. Top each hot dog with a squiggle of ketchup.
Serve the platter up immediately!
Let us know if you give this one a try and how it turns out for you!