This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
This Halloween pasta salad is sure to get a lot of laughs at your next Halloween party. If you are looking for a show-stopping dish that’s not only delicious but also serves up some major Halloween vibes, you’re in for a treat. This Halloween pasta salad uses all ALDI ingredients, including Halloween-themed pasta noodles! It’s creepy, it’s fun, and it’s a guaranteed hit at your Halloween gathering.
A Spooky Twist on a Classic
Halloween is the perfect time to get creative in the kitchen, and this Halloween pasta dish is a fantastic way to do just that. Imagine a grinning pumpkin, serving up delicious pasta salad from its mouth. It’s a fun, playful take on a classic Italian favorite.
Ingredients and Supplies
Before we start carving the pumpkin and cooking pasta, let’s gather the ingredients and supplies you’ll need:
For the Pumpkin:
- A large pie pumpkin
- A sharp knife
- A carving kit (or your trusty kitchen knife)
- A large spoon for scooping out the insides
- A marker or pen for drawing the face
For the Pasta Salad:
- Your choice of pasta (penne, fusilli, or rotini noodles work well.. we used Halloween-shaped pasta from ALDI)
- 8oz Cheddar Cheese
- 6oz Pepperoni
- 12oz Italian Dressing
For the Decoration/Garnish:
Now, let’s dive into the step-by-step guide tp creating this Halloween masterpiece.
Step 1: Carving the Pumpkin
- Start by cutting off the top of your pumpkin, and creating a lid. Be sure to angle your cut slightly inward so the lid doesn’t fall inside the pumpkin.
- Scoop out all the seeds and pulp from inside the pumpkin. You can save the seeds for roasting later!
- Use a marker or pen to draw a spooky face on the pumpkin. Think triangle eyes, a wicked smile, and maybe even some jagged teeth. Make an open mouth on your jack o’lantern as this is where the pasta salad will “spill” out of.
- Carefully carve out the face using a sharp knife or a pumpkin carving tool.
- Set the pumpkin aside for now.
Step 2: Preparing the Pasta Salad
Halloween Pasta Salad
- 1 large pie pumpkin
- 1 sharp kitchen knife
- 1 large, sturdy serving tray
- 1 set of pumpkin carving tools
- plastic spider rings and eyeballs for decoration
- 17 oz ALDI Halloween Pasta sub rotini, fusilli or penne if not available
- 8 oz cheddar cheese cubed
- 6 oz pepperoni slices
- 12 oz Italian salad dressing (oil based, not cream based)
- Carve pumpkin.
- Cook the pasta to al dente.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta, pepperoni and cheese.
- Add the Italian dressing and mix until all ingredients are coated with dressing.
- Place pumpkin onto a serving platter.
- Scoop the the pasta salad onto the platter, around the pumpkin and around the pumpkin's mouth.
- Top with spider rings and eyeballs.
Step 3: Serving from the Pumpkin
- Carefully place the pumpkin on a sturdy serving platter.
- Arrange the pasta salad around the pumpkin and by the pumpkin’s mouth. It should look like the pasta salad is spilling out of the mouth.
- Garnish with spider rings and plastic eyeballs!
Tips and Tricks
- Get Creative with the Pasta: You can use squid ink pasta to make it look even spookier, especially if you can’t find the Halloween-themed pasta we used.
- Roast Pumpkin Seeds: Don’t forget about those pumpkin seeds you saved earlier! Rinse and dry them, toss them with olive oil and your favorite seasonings, then roast them in the oven for a delicious and crunchy snack.
There you have it, a Halloween pasta salad dish that will have your guests both amazed and delighted. The combination of creativity and classic comfort food makes this a perfect addition to your Halloween festivities. Plus, it’s a great way to get everyone into the spooky spirit.
So, don your apron, grab a pumpkin, and start cooking. Your Halloween party menu just got a whole lot creepier and more delicious. Happy Halloween!
While you’re here, make sure you browse the rest of our Halloween content! We have lots of easy recipes, fun printables, and more. If you give THIS recipe a try, let us know how it turned out for you! Tag us on social media if you post a picture of your dish – we would love to see it!