This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Look no further than this light, fluffy, DELICIOUS dessert dip for your next Christmas event! This Grinch Dip will look awesome on your dessert table. If you are looking for a treat that will tie in with a reading of How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, this is perfect.
I am so excited to add this fun treat to my Christmas collection of posts today! Not only does this dip taste delicious (it’s similar to the other cake-mix-based dunkaroo dips that I have shared in the past!) but doesn’t it look absolutely FABULOUS?!
The color of this dip is a bright green (which you can of course make lighter or darker depending on how much coloring you use). As soon as I finished mixing this dip, the first thought that came to my mind was that cranky old Grinch from How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss. You can see some red accents in the sprinkles and strawberries to make it even more Grinch-themed. (Or these heart shaped sprinkles would look amazing as well!)
Of course, you can skip the Grinch references altogether if that’s not your jam! You can simply hone in on the holiday colors and that can be that. Up to you!
We used a tin of holiday cookies and some fresh strawberries for our “dunkable” foods. Nilla Wafer cookies would also taste great. I’m sure there are many other tasty options out there. Feel free to drop us a comment and let us know what you love to use!
Let’s get to it! Time to make some Grinch Dip!
Grinch Christmas Dip
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 15 oz box yellow cake mix
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Christmas sprinkles
- green food coloring
- cookies and fresh strawberries for dunking
- Combine the whipped topping, cream cheese and cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add food coloring and mix.
- If you would like the dip to be a darker hue of green, add more coloring.
- Scoop dip into a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. I would wait to add the sprinkles until just before serving the dip.
- Serve with a platter of cookies and/or strawberries and dunk away!
If you end up giving this Grinch Dip a try, let us know how it goes and what you thought! If you post a picture on social media, feel free to tag us – we’d love to see it!