This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Thanks so much to K.C. who allowed me to cross post this on MamaCheaps! It originally posted yesterday on Chester County Moms and Montgomery County Moms!
Every little girl loves playing dress up in a tutu- here’s a super simple version that even kids can make. No sewing involved!
1. Goody “ouchless” Adult Size Headband – they come in a multi-pack and can be bought at Target, Giant, Rite-Aid etc.
2. Tulle, ribbon or fabric – I prefer the 6″ width tulle that comes in rolls from the craft store. Make sure if you buy ribbon it does NOT have wired edges! (You can make about 1 tutu with one 25 yard roll of tulle.)
1. Determine how long you want the tutu to be
2. Cut strips of tulle/ribbon/fabric 2x the desired length. About 40 cut strips of tulle are needed for a “full” tutu.
3. Tie each strip of tulle/ribbon/fabric in the middle – just by making a knot – all the way along the headband until desired fullness.
Glue (with Fabri-tac or craft glue) silk flowers or gems to the ends of ribbon
These tutus can be completely and totally customized for your child. You can make them really full, or keep it simple. These make great party favors for birthdays, or a cute gift.
K.C. is the Owner of The Diaper Bag Wrangler and contributes “Get Crafty” video posts.