This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Thanks to Amy from Chasing Tiny Feet for sharing this recipe with us!
With the holidays behind me, I can now get back to posting and sharing all the wonderful recipes I tried over the holiday season. First, I posted the Christmas Crack recipe, which is absolutely delicious, if you haven’t tried it yet. Now, I can post my favorite breakfast dish of the holiday. Each year, my sister makes this for our Christmas morning gathering. This year, we decided to have a brunch, so instead of missing out on the tradition, I finally got the recipe from her and made it for my family.
- 1.5 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 box frozen french toast sticks, cut in half (I use Murray’s brand)
- 1cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut french toast into pieces while frozen
- Layer 9×13 pan with brown sugar
- Lay french toast in sugar in a single layer
- In a large bowl, whisk cream, eggs, vanilla, salt, and water.
- Cover french toast with mixture
- Leave in refrigerator overnight for creamier texture.
- When ready to bake, sprinkle top of french toast with white sugar.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, then broil top of bake for 2-3 minutes to brown the top.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.