This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
This adorable DIY craft is sure to get you in the holiday spirit! Gather up supplies for elf popsicle stick ornament crafts and make these for your next Christmas craft night!
Every year we have a holiday craft night and make new ornaments for our Christmas tree. Now that we are about 10 years into this tradition, it is so much fun to get the ornaments out every year and see them spread all over the tree over time! This year we settled on an elf theme for our ornaments, since Elf is most definitely one of our family’s favorite Christmas movies! They turned out SO cute! The supplies are all super easy to find at your local craft store.
Elf Popsicle Stick Ornament Supplies
How to make the elf ornaments
1. Glue 4 popsicle sticks together. Let dry.
2. Paint the popsicle sticks green on the front of the ornament and allow the paint to dry completely.
3. Wrap the glued popsicle sticks with your green string or yarn until the entire stick area is covered (you can let the very tops and bottoms of the sticks poke out).
4. Cut the following shapes from the glitter foam: black (small square for the belt buckle, rectangle for belt), yellow (larger square for belt buckle bottom, 2 small circles for buttons), red (rectangle with triangles along one long side for collar). Hack: use a single hole puncher to punch two yellow holes for the buttons.
5. Glue the black glitter foam onto the string, about 1/3 from the bottom of the sticks. This is the bottom layer of the belt.
6. Glue the yellow square on the middle of the black rectangle, followed by the small back square.
7. Glue the red collar and yellow buttons on next.
8. Loop a ribbon or decorative string and glue onto the back of the ornament.
These ornaments will look fantastic on your tree! They would also make great gift toppers for Christmas presents!
Other posts you might enjoy…