This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Did you see the new Elf on the Shelf Cereal? We’ll show you show to use this cereal to put a fun “ELF” spin on the traditional classic dessert, Rice Krispies Treats.
Did you see the brand new cereal out from Kellogg’s this holiday season? Yep, you can now buy Kellogg’s Elf on the Shelf Sugar Cookie Cereal with Marshmallows. And while I do try to limit my kids’ intake of sugar-laden cereal for breakfast, I’m all for tasty treats other times of day. We took our classic Rice Krispies Treat recipe and swapped out the Rice Krispies for the Elf on the Shelf cereal!
The result is a festive, fun dessert that even an elf will love! Whip up a batch of these treats – perfect for the elf to leave or for the kids to enjoy in the elf’s company. Thanks to the holiday colors, this would also be a great dessert idea for Christmas parties and other seasonal get-togethers.
How to Make Elf on the Shelf Marshmallow Treat Bars
I promise – these are SO super simple to make!
Elf on the Shelf Cereal Marshmallow Treat Bars
- 3 tbsp butter
- 16 oz mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Elf on the Shelf Cereal
- In a large pot, melt butter on stove. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Add marshmallows, stirring constantly so that they melt without burning.
- Remove pot from heat and add cereal.
- Mix until cereal is coated with melted marshmallows. (If your mixing utensil is sticking to the cereal, give it a spritz with non-stick cooking spray.)
- Spread cereal mixture in a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Allow to cool for a couple of hours before cutting into square-shaped bars.
- Serve immediately after cutting or store in an airtight container.
Let us know how your Elf on the Shelf treat bars turn out!
Check out our brand new ELF Printables Bundle! 10 printables in 1 PDF!
Other posts you might enjoy…
Make sure you check out our MASTER LIST OF ELF IDEAS – over 10 years’ worth of elf ideas, inspiration and printables!
We definitely could have used the help of a printable Elf on the Shelf Calendar to help us think of new hiding spots. Live and learn!
Maybe your elf feels like a car race! Get our free printable checkered racing flags!