This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Check out this adorable addition to our Elf on the Shelf idea collection – elf has fun in a car race! See below for the material list AND our free printable checkered flags (3 sizes to choose from).
Our elf Oboe is always up to something silly around here. Sometimes he is growing candy cane gardens, while other days he leaves regular eggs that later turn into hatchimals! We never know what we will find each morning while he is visiting. Have you checked out our huge collection of elf on the shelf ideas yet? There are enough ideas to last you many years’ worth of elf mischief!
This latest addition to our collection is sure to get a lot of laughs and smiles!
Materials Needed for Elf Race Car Scene
How Your Elf Should Set Up the Elf Race Car Scene
1. Gather up some toy cars from the toy pile. Also find a figure – could be a person (Playmobil, LEGO, etc) or a character.
2. For the flag: Print our page of free printable checkered flags. These hold up best on card stock, but regular printer paper should work fine. Note: these printables are for personal use only. Cut out the size flag you would like to use.
3. Tape the flag to a toothpick.
4. Place the toothpick in the figure’s hand (or tape it if it won’t stay on its own).
5. Line up cars in a staggered line, facing the checkered flag.
6. Elf picks a car to race on!
That’s it! May the fastest car win!
Other posts you might enjoy…