This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Check out this adorable addition to our Elf on the Shelf idea collection – elf builds marshmallow snowmen! See below for the material list AND our free printable signs (3 designs to choose from).
Our elf Oboe is always up to something silly around here. Sometimes he is growing candy cane gardens, while other days he leaves regular eggs that later turn into hatchimals! We never know what we will find each morning while he is visiting. Have you checked out our huge collection of elf on the shelf ideas yet? There are enough ideas to last you about 5 years’ worth of elf mischief!
This latest addition to our collection is sure to get a lot of laughs and smiles!
Materials Needed for Marshmallow Building Scene
You can grab our printable signs right here. Simply enter your email address in the box and opt-in to receive our free newsletter. Check your inbox for this printable, which you will receive as a subscriber bonus.
How Your Elf Should Set Up the Elf Builds Marshmallow Snowmen Scene
1. Use markers to draw faces and buttons on regular-sized marshmallows. Marshmallows can be stacked in 2’s and 3’s to create snowman bodies.
2. Put a twisty tie around the “neck” of each snowman to make a scarf.
3. Stick toothpicks into the marshmallows to make arms. (I used wooden skewers and cut them down to size.)
4. For the sign: Print our page of free printable snowman signs. These hold up best on card stock, but regular printer paper should work fine. Note: these printables are for personal use only. Cut out the sign you would like to use. Tape a toothpick to the back of the sign and stick the other end of the toothpick into a regular-sized marshmallow.
5. Sprinkle regular and mini marshmallows around the scene.
That’s it! So cute and easy!
Your elf might leave some snowman building supplies nearby so that the kids can make more snowmen to decorate the scene. That’s up to the elf!
Other posts you might enjoy…