This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Do you see the word “easy” in the title of this post? Multiply that word by ten, because this recipe is about as simplistic as they come.
We used pre-cooked Italian Turkey Sausage for this meal. By using pre-cooked meat (ours came from ALDI), it eliminated the guesswork out of ensuring it is cooked enough before consuming. You’re really just heating everything up and then it’s ready to serve.
You will need:
- Spaghetti sauce (1 jar)
- 4-6 pre-cooked Italian Sausage links
- 1 green bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 yellow onion (julienned)
How to make:
1. Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce over the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Layer sausage, then onions, then peppers, then remaining sauce.
3. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Remember – this sausage is already cooked so we are just heating everything up. If you buy raw sausage it will take a lot longer to slow cook!
4. We like to serve our sausage, peppers and onions on a roll!
Other posts you might enjoy…