This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
We have taken one of our most popular slow cooker recipes and adapted it for a pressure cooker! You won’t sacrifice taste by choosing the pressure cooker over the slow cooker, and you will be able to get this meal on the table in just about an hour’s time.
As the temperature continues to dip and the freeze warnings seem to go out night after night, our menu has taken a definite turn towards warm comfort foods. My family loves soup, chili, roasts in the crock pot, and everything in between. While traditionally the fall would find many of our dinners simmering away in the slow cooker, these days I find myself turning more and more to my Instant Pot. Our collection of favorite Instant Pot recipes continues to grow and it seems that every week we are adding a new recipe to our list of meals that we love.
It’s not that I don’t still love the slow cooker – I do – but there’s something so nice and simple about using the pressure cooker to throw ingredients together an hour before we want to eat and have a meal taste just as savory and delicious out of the Instant Pot as it would after many hours of cooking in the slow cooker. I like that I don’t have to worry about leaving the house with an appliance running. The pressure cooker allows us to go about our daily business, get our running done, come home shortly before dinner time and cook up a meal that tastes like it had a marathon cook time.
Some other Instant Pot posts I have written:
- Easiest Way to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
- 21 Incredible Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- 15 Zero Point Weight Watchers Meals (Freestyle Program)
- The EASIEST Instant Pot Fajita Chicken Recipe
- 45 of the Greatest Game Day and Tailgating Instant Pot Recipes
- Coca Cola BBQ Ribs | Easy Instant Pot Recipe
- 21 Must-Try Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes
- 21 Delicious Paleo Instant Pot Recipes
- 20 of the Best Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
- 20 Ridiculously Easy Instant Pot Recipes for Busy School Nights
- Easiest Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe
- 12 Totally Apple Instant Pot Recipes
Last year I shared a basic pressure cooker pot roast recipe that we had used several times with much success over various camping trips in our camper. For this recipe today, I took my very favorite pot roast recipe, shared with me by my stepmom, and adapted it to pressure cooking.
Round up the ingredients below and get ready for an absolutely succulent pot roast dinner that will warm you right up after a chilly day or evening of running around.
Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Ingredients
Beef Roast (approx 2-3 lbs)
1 lb of carrots (peeled, chopped)
4-6 red potatoes (halved)
4-6 yellow onions (peeled, halved)
10 mushrooms (de-stemmed)
1 packet Lipton’s French Onion or Beefy Onion Soup Mix
24 oz Coca Cola
2 cans Cream of Celery Soup
How to make pressure cooker pot roast
1. Mix soup, soup mix, and Coca Cola together in pressure cooker insert.
2. Place items in the following order in pressure cooker: roast, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onions.
3. Place lid on pressure cooker and set valve to “seal.”
4. Select “meat/stew” option on your cooked and I manually set the cook time for 40 minutes to really give the roast a good, thorough cooking.
5. When the timer goes off, let the cooker do a slow release. You can do a quick release but be warned: your cooker contains a LOT of liquid. Be prepared for lots of spatter. When I need to quick release a particularly juicy recipe, I place a dish towel over the lid and it does a decent job “catching” the wet steamy spatter.
6. Serve up the food and enjoy immediately!
Other posts you might enjoy…