This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Your little leprechauns will LOVE this fun twist on traditional Rice Krispies treats. Make these easy Lucky Charms Cereal marshmallow treat bars for St. Patrick’s Day!
I LOVE this fun twist on one of my family’s favorite desserts. We can’t get enough of traditional Rice Krispies Treats and I typically make them for almost every holiday gathering. They are gooey and sweet and I love decorating them with seasonal sprinkles depending on the occasion!
Here are a couple of marshmallow treat bar recipes that I have already posted:
- Best EVER Rice Krispies Treats
- PEEPS Rice Krispie Treat Bars
- Halloween PEEPS Rice Krispies Treat Pops
- Red, White and Blue Rice Krispies Treat Pops
Lucky Charms Treat Bars are EASY to make and LOOK awesome!
We took our traditional Rice Krispies Treats recipe and gave it a LUCKY face lift by using Lucky Charms cereal instead of Rice Krispies. I absolutely love the colorful result! If your kiddos are having any St. Patrick’s Day celebrations at school, this would be a great treat to send in. This is a nut free recipe!
This recipe is also perfect for any rainbow themed party or celebration you might be throwing. It seems that rainbows are always in style around here, and these treats would look great on a unicorn themed party dessert table.
Another bonus? Absolutely minimal prep time. You can make up a batch of these bars in just minutes. They will need to sit for a couple of hours to cool off and set, but the actual prep and cooking time only takes a few minutes.
Lucky Charms Cereal Marshmallow Treat Bars Recipe
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- In a large pan, melt better over low heat, stirring frequently so it does not scorch.
- Add marshmallows to pan.
- Stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add Lucky Charms cereal.
- Stir until all Lucky Charms are coated in marshmallow. If the cereal sticks to your spatula, give the spatula a quick spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking pan or a silicone pan.
- Let cool and cut into 2 inch squares.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Aren’t they so fun looking? Let me know if you decided to give these Lucky Charms treat bars a try and what you thought of them! These treats would even be a cute snack for the leprechauns to leave for the kids on St. Patrick’s Day!
More posts you might enjoy…