This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
If you need a quick, easy, and of course delicious, breakfast entree for your next brunch or family meal, look no further than this flavor-filled easy loaded breakfast casserole recipe! This one is sure to earn a spot on your family’s list of favorites!
Oh, the casserole. A long-loved (by many) entree that enables the cook to basically dump a whole bunch of ingredients into a baking dish and a short time later – voila! A delicious, flavorful meal awaits. My mom definitely knew how to rock the casserole. Many nights for dinner we would enjoy casseroles as the main dish and sometimes, as a side dish. We had casseroles with green beans, casseroles with broccoli, casseroles with pasta and beef or sausage… Every once in awhile she would make a classic tuna melt casserole and sometimes she would just get creative with any number of foods that needed to be used up from the fridge.
Many years on Christmas morning, she would make a breakfast casserole similar to the recipe I am sharing today. I don’t remember the exact ingredient list and I wish that I could find her recipe. But I know that she called it a “3 Cheese Ham Puff” and it contained eggs, pork roll, and yes, three different kinds of cheese. It was delicious and ever since early childhood, I have loved just about every breakfast casserole I have tasted.
This loaded breakfast casserole recipe is truly LOADED with your very favorite breakfast foods – even bagels!! How fun is that?!
Your family is sure to love this one and ask for it again and again!
See below for a printable version of the recipe.
Loaded Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
6 plain bagels, cubed
1 lb ground sausage, browned and drained
1 lb bacon, cooked and diced
1 tsp garlic, diced
1 cup half and half
1 dozen large eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp onion powder
12 oz shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Non-stick cooking spray
How to Make Loaded Breakfast Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and half and half together until blended.
4. Mix in 8 oz of the shredded cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder.
5. Add sausage and bacon to the egg mixture. Stir until well-combined.
Layering the casserole
1. Layer the casserole in this order: bagels, egg mixture, remaining cheese.
2. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
3. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, until top is browned and the middle of the casserole is firm, not soft.
4. Remove from oven and cool.
Serve while warm!
Easy Loaded Breakfast Casserole
- 6 plain bagels, cubed
- 1 lb sausage browned, drained
- 1 lb bacon cooked, diced
- 1 tsp garlic diced
- 1 cup half and half
- 12 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 12 oz cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and half and half together until blended.
- Mix in 8 oz of the shredded cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder.
- Add sausage and bacon to the egg mixture. Stir until well-combined.
- Layer the casserole in this order: bagels, egg mixture, remaining cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, until top is browned and the middle of the casserole is firm, not soft.
- Remove from oven and cool. Serve while warm!
Other posts you might enjoy…