This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
These easy pipe cleaner Christmas trees are a great kid craft idea and a pretty decoration during the holiday months! This craft is also very budget-friendly and the supplies are super cheap!
I always like to have a few easy (and affordable) holiday and Christmas crafts in mind for the kids’ many groups and school events. You never know when you might need one! From the elementary school to scouts to sports, during the month of December it seems that every time I turn around, another social event is added to our calendar. DIYs tend to be a big hit with the kid crowd. When coming up with a craft idea, I focus on two things: budget-friendly and age-appropriate difficulty level.
I love how these pipe cleaner Christmas trees turned out! They are easy to make and they look really cute sitting around your house!
Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree craft is kid-friendly!
We used different shades of green for our pipe cleaners. You could do the same or choose one shade of green. You could also skip the green altogether and make colorful trees using any colors you’d like. It’s up to you!
How to Make These Trees:
1. Start by wrapping your first pipe cleaner around the top part of your cone. Secure the bottom by tucking in the end of the pipe cleaner to form a good base for your tree.
2. Wrap the pipe cleaner all the way around to the top.
3. Repeat with various colors of your pipe cleaners until the tree is nice and thick.
4. Once your tree is done, pull it off of the cone. It’s ready for the finishing touch!
5. Now you can glue on your tree’s decorations. We used a small yellow pom pom to look like a shining star on the top of the Christmas tree.
You can vary the sizes of the trees by using more or less pipe cleaners. You can also stretch the trees to make them taller, or squish them down to make them shorter.
PIN this fun DIY to Pinterest!
Other posts you might enjoy…