This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Give your sense of smell a real treat with these easy DIY Aromatherapy Shower Melts. Add the essential oil(s) of your choosing and enjoy the effervescent smells that release in your shower’s steam.
DIY Aromatherapy Shower Melts
I am a big fan of aromatherapy. Smells are everywhere. Some are good, some are downright awful. Some are incredibly powerful and have the ability to unlock many of my memories or past experiences. The smell of campfires remind me of our many camping adventures. The smell of lilacs and peonies take me to early summer when I was a kid. One whiff of pine transports me to Christmas memories. The list goes on and on.
Shower melts are a relatively easy DIY and you can customize the scent to whatever you want. They also make a great gift, so keep them in mind when you want a heartfelt handmade present for someone. (They are also extremely budget-friendly to make!)
Supplies for Aromatherapy Shower Melts
Note: you can choose different essential oils if you prefer. Customize the smell based on your personal preference!
How to Make Aromatherapy Shower Melts
Like I said above, these shower melts are really easy to make! I enjoy using them any old time, but especially when my allergies are acting up or when I am congested from a cold. The peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils help me to breathe a little easier in a hot shower.
1. Preheat your oven to 250 F.
2. Combine the baking soda and essential oils in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add water in 1 tablespoon increments. Mix well. You have enough water when the mixture is wet but not liquid-y.
4. Add mixture to the silicone molds and place the molds on a baking sheet.
5. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake in 20 minute increments (until the tablets are hard). Mine are typically ready in 40 or so minutes (could take up to 60 minutes though).
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Store in a mason jar, tupperware container or ziploc bag.
How to Use Shower Melts
Place a melt or two on the floor in the corner of your shower or on a shower bench. Enjoy a hot shower and the steam and water will slowly dissolve the melt, creating some great-smelling aromatherapy while you shower!
Other posts you might enjoy…