This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Easy Crushed Pineapple Cupcakes
Need the perfect summertime dessert? Or perhaps a dessert that just REMINDS you of warmer temps or a tropical locale? Try these easy crushed pineapple cupcakes that use just two ingredients including REAL pineapple! Get our free printable cupcake toppers for the perfect finishing touch.
I’m still over here laughing because for the first oh, 35 years or so, of my life… I was convinced that I hated pineapple. I would not touch it with a ten foot pole! I’m not sure what changed. I am not sure if I actually hated it all those years or if I simply refused to give it a taste. In any case, these days you will find me devouring fresh pineapple on a weekly basis. I love it and I love almost any kind of dessert or frozen concoction that contains pineapple!
Some of the other pineapple-y treats that we have made and posted include:
These crushed pineapple cupcakes are easy to make and only use two ingredients, including real pineapple! You can top them with any flavor frosting you desire, though we opted for a yellow color to fit with our theme.
Crushed Pineapple Cupcakes Supplies
1 boxed yellow cake mix
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
2 to 3 cups yellow frosting (buy yellow or use food coloring in white frosting)
Large open star tip (Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip)
Pineapple cupcake topper printable (I recommend printing on white card stock to make them sturdier. Note: these are for personal use only)
How to Make Crushed Pineapple Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners. (This recipe makes approximately 16 cupcakes.)
3. Mix the cake mix and crushed pineapple together. Do not drain the pineapple – include the juice in your mixture!
4. Divide evenly among cupcake liners. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (until an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
5. Cool completely.
6. Pipe frosting over cupcake in a circular direction working from the center of the cupcake towards the outside and back to the center.
7. Attach each pineapple top to a toothpick using clear tape.
8. Press into the cupcake. OR, if you plan to serve immediately AND printed on card stock, you can press the pineapple top directly into the cupcake.
These tropical themed dessert treats would be the perfect menu addition for a beach or pool party, a summer barbecue, a pig roast or luau… they taste delicious and they are so bright and eye-catching!
Crushed Pineapple Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2-3 cups yellow frosting
Cupcake Topper Supplies
- Large open star tip
- Piping bag
- Cupcake liners
- Printable toppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners. (Recipe makes approximately 16 cupcakes.)
- Mix the cake mix and crushed pineapple together. Don't drain the pineapple juice - add it to the mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly among cupcake liners. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (until an inserted toothpick comes out clean). All to cool completely.
- Pipe frosting over cupcake in a circular direction working from the center of the cupcake towards the outside and back to the center.
- Attach each pineapple topper to a toothpick using clear tape.
- Press into the cupcake. OR, if you plan to serve immediately AND printed on card stock, you can press the pineapple top directly into the cupcake.
More fun you might enjoy…