This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
I have a brand new gift tutorial AND printable tag for you today! This project is SUPER simple and incredibly frugal. The end result is adorable! This would make a great teacher gift (any time of the year, really), a nice Valentine’s gift, a winter birthday gift, etc.
Here’s what you need:
- Mug (any color you want. Dollar Tree usually has nice ones to choose from!)
- Chalkboard vinyl
- Clear treat bag
- Twine or ribbon
- Candy (any kind you’d like)
- Free printable tag
- Rubbing alcohol
You can grab our printable tags right here. Simply enter your email address in the box and opt-in to receive our free newsletter. Check your inbox for this printable, which you will receive as a subscriber bonus.
How to make:
1. Take your mug and measure the area where you would like to affix your vinyl. Use a stencil to trace a heart on the vinyl and cut it out (or I used my Silhouette Cameo but that machine is definitely NOT required for this easy project!).
2. Use a paper towel to rub the mug surface with rubbing alcohol before you put your vinyl on the mug.
3. Stick your vinyl on the mug and write the message you’d like on the vinyl!
4. Fill a clear treat bag with the candy of your choice and tie the bag closed with twine or ribbon.
5. Get our printable tags. Print the tags on white card stock.
6. Punch a hole in the corner of the tag and tie it onto the bag.
Other posts you might enjoy…