This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
This fun craft will not only help to upcycle some toilet paper tubes, but it will also create a fun storage space for all of those toy cars your kiddo has! Check out this craft tutorial and make a toilet paper tube toy car garage!
So, have you been using up all that toilet paper you stocked up on a couple of weeks ago? While we were already pretty well stocked and did not buy any additional TP, we have been going through our fair share with all 4 of us home 24/7.
Whether you have been collecting them on your own or you ask others to save their empty tubes for you, this DIY toilet paper tube toy car garage is a really fun and relatively easy thing that you can create with or for the kids.
You can also use empty paper towel roll tubes, just cut them in half.
Material Needed for Toilet Paper Tube Toy Car Garage
- Full Overlap Box (7”W x 9”H x 4”D)
- 20 Empty Toilet Paper Tubes (or 10 toilet paper tubes, cut in half)
- Construction Paper (your color choice, we used blue and black)
- 1 white/blank sticky name tag
- Large Black Marker
- Glue Gun (and Glue)
How to Construct Garage
1. Plug in your glue gun and allow it to start heating up while you get to work.
2. Cut the left and right side flaps off of the open end of your box.
3. Measure and cut out your construction paper. We covered the outside of our box in one color (blue) and the bottom flap in black (to look like pavement). Use your glue gun to glue the construction paper to the box.
4. Glue each paper roll into place, stacking them on top of each other. Add a sign at the top of your garage if you’d like. We cut a piece of construction paper and used a black Sharpie marker to write the word “GARAGE” on it. Then we glued the sign to the front top edge of the box.
5. Cut the blank name tag in thin strips and place them on your “pavement” area to mark off your parking spaces and road. (You can use one of your cars as a measuring guide to arrange your parking spaces.)
Time to stock your garage!
Have fun adding all of your vehicles to the garage. This craft was not only an entertaining time working together, but it’s been awesome to watch the kids spend time playing with our creation!
Did you try this DIY? Let me know how it turned out! If you post a pic to social media, tag me! I would love to see it!
More fun you might enjoy…