This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Need the perfect paper craft to tie in with your kids’ love of space (or even your school science curriculum)? Grab our free printable template and make these adorable popsicle stick space puppets!
DIY Space Themed Paper Craft
We are still going strong with all-things-space over here when it comes to Landon. He still pretty much eats, sleeps and breathes NASA and everything that entails. Whether you have a space fan of your own, or you are teaching a space themed piece of your classroom or homeschool curriculum, these space themed story puppets would be a great activity.
Space Puppet Supplies
The supply list for the craft is minimal and you can use our free printable template (see below) to create the puppets.
You can grab our printable here. Simply enter your email address in the box and opt-in to receive our free newsletter. Check your inbox for this printable, which you will receive as a subscriber bonus. Note: this printable is for personal use only.
How to make popsicle stick space puppets
1. Grab our free printable template. Cut out the template pieces.
2. Use a pencil to trace the patterns on the colored craft paper. Cut out the pieces.
3. Let’s start with the astronaut puppet craft. The astronaut patterns include a base body pattern (suit), a pair of boots and other patterns.
4. Attach the big curvy-sided square on the top side of the base body pattern (the head). Glue the 3 small squares to the larger square.
5. Take the 4 small strips and attach them on the arm and leg parts of the base body pattern. Also, glue the square (that you glued the smaller squares onto) in the middle of the body part of the base.
Use scissors to trim the extra sides of the strips attached to the arms and legs of the astronaut suit.
6. Attach the boots on the bottom side of the astronaut suit and attach the ear plugs on both sides of the head part (of the suit).
7. Use a pencil to draw the face of the astronaut on the square paper attached to the head part. Use a black pen to fill the pencil traced patterns.
8. Attach the astronaut puppet using glue or tape to a popsicle stick to complete the puppet.
9. Using our pictures as a guide, cut and glue the other patterns to complete the rest of the space puppets.
More posts you might enjoy…