This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Okay LEGO fans! You are going to love this! Check out these DIY LEGO Storage Box Craft for a fun way to wrap a gift or decorate a room!
DIY LEGO Storage Box
You know I love a great DIY and this one is no exception! In fact, it is as functional as it is decorational. (Is that a real word? I feel like I might have made it up. But you know where I was going with it, right?) LOL! Yes, this DIY is pretty easy to make and you can easily swap out the colors and box sizes that I used to fit your space and purpose.
Not only will these cute boxes look great on any LEGO fan’s shelf, they also double as storage for small objects (yes, even LEGO bricks)! Another great use for these boxes? Turn them into gift boxes and “wrap” a gift inside of them! If you are having a LEGO themed party, they would make excellent “goodie boxes” or party favors.
DIY LEGO Storage Box Supplies
To make these snazzy LEGO boxes, you will need:
- Paper Mache Boxes – square and rectangle, assorted sizes
- Craft Foam – coordinating colors with paint
- Acrylic Craft Paint – coordinating colors with foam
- Paintbrush – 1” wash
- Permanent Marker – fine tip
- Liquid Glue – fine tip applicator
- Circles to Trace – in sizes to coordinate with boxes
How to Make DIY LEGO Boxes
1. Apply a base coat of paint to the boxes and lids. Set aside to dry. Apply a second coat if necessary.
2. Trace circle patterns onto the craft foam with the permanent marker. (If you do not have circle patterns, just trace something round laying around the house. Hair products like hairspray cans work well!) Cut out the circles and stack them 3 high. For rectangular boxes, you need 18 circles. For square boxes, you will need 12 circles.
3. Use glue to attach craft foam layers to each other. Set aside to dry. You will need 6 foam circle stacks for rectangle boxes and 4 stacks for square boxes.
4. Once glue between foam layers has dried, glue each stack to the box lids. Set aside to dry.
Whether you keep these boxes or gift them, you are going to love the end result!
Who would you make these boxes with/for? I know that both of my kids would love to make these DIY LEGO Storage boxes and either kid would equally love receiving a gift in one!
More posts you might enjoy…