This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Many years ago, I fell in love with battery operated flickering tea light candles. In fact, I can pinpoint the exact project that led me to discover their wonderfulness. We made these mason jar mummies and put a battery operated tea light candle inside each one. The result was so fantastic and of course, eliminating the fire danger that comes with real candles was a huge plus.
Over the years we have added these flickering tea lights to everything from glassware to lanterns to yes, even our Easter eggs. We had a nighttime Easter egg hunt a couple years ago and it was an instant hit. The kids had so much fun and I loved the look of the glowing eggs all over the lawn!
Simply place a tea light (turned on!) into each egg and close the egg.
That’s it! So fun, right?
What are some of your favorite Easter or Spring traditions?
- Peeps Egg Surprise Cupcakes
- Easy Easter Candy Centerpieces – Peeps, M&Ms and Chocolate Bunnies
- Easy Easter Candy Mug Gift Silhouette Project
- 20 Awesome Leprechaun Tricks to Play on Kids!
- FREE Printable Leprechaun Jokes (Perfect for Lunches!)
- Rainbow Pot of Gold Teacher Gift with FREE Printable Tag
- DIY Peeps Shirts