This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
What’s more iconic than decorating a gingerbread house at Christmas time? This is SUCH a fun and easy gift idea to put together for just about any age. Check out our DIY Gingerbread House Decorating Kit and use our free printable tags for the perfect finishing touch!
My kids LOVE decorating gingerbread houses! I try to remember to pick up a kit each year, but every once in awhile I forget. Chances are, other moms tend to forget as well. That’s why they will LOVE receiving this awesome gift!
Last year I shared this awesome gingerbread house hack – a quick and easy time saver when you are making gingerbread houses from scratch with the kids (I promise it’s easy).
This year, I’ll show you how to put together the cutest looking DIY gingerbread decorating kit ever! It’s such a colorful and perfectly seasonal gift, great for kids or even for teachers. You can top the gift with our adorable printable gift tag and have a thoughtful gift, ready for giving.
Gingerbread Kit Supplies
Here are the supplies you will need to put this kit together:
- Craft/bead organizing box
- Various candies
- Packaged graham crackers
- Packaged cookie or cake icing
- Gift tag printed on cardstock or sticker paper
- Gift box
You can grab our printable tags right here. Simply enter your email address in the box and opt-in to receive our free newsletter. Check your inbox for this printable, which you will receive as a subscriber bonus. Note: these tags are for personal use only.
How to Make a DIY Gingerbread House Decorating Kit:
1. Wash the craft container since you will be putting food inside. Allow the container to dry completely.
2. Place different candy in each compartment of the craft container. If the lid on your container is loose, you might want to secure it with a piece or two of tape.
3. Attach the gift tags to the craft container (or you can attach the tag to the entire package, that’s up to you).
4. Wrap the craft container, graham crackers and icing in a gift box.
Your recipient can build his or her house with graham crackers and icing, then decorate it.
Other posts you might enjoy…