This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
DIY Flower Oreos – Perfect Mother’s Day Treat
These adorable DIY flower Oreos will add a touch of Spring to your Mother’s Day celebration! This would also be a fun craft to make with kids to give to mom. Add these pretty cookies to your next Springtime dessert menu.
We LOVE making fun desserts with OREO cookies! This iconic cookie lends itself perfectly to all kinds of decorations and themes. Check out some of the other OREO cookie creations that we have made:
Frog OREO Cookie Tutorial
OREO Mummy Cookies Easy Halloween Treat
Candy Corn OREO Cookies for Halloween
Witch Hat Cookies for Halloween (with Hershey’s Kisses and Oreos)
5 Fun OREO Halloween Cookie Ideas
American Flag Oreo Cookie Pops
Oreo. Peanut Butter Cup. Madness.
How to Make Leprechaun Cookies | St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Trick
Flower Oreos Supplies
How to Make Flower Oreos
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Melt pink candy melts according to package instructions. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
If you are going to make a large quantity of these treats, I highly recommend using a candy melter! This little appliance melts the candy and then keeps it warm, giving you more time to work before it hardens.
3. Dip each cookie into melted candy. Remove cookie, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick.
4. Place the cookie onto the waxed paper.
5. Immediately press one leaf and one flower icing decoration on to each cookie.
6. Allow cookie to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results.
7. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week before serving. These cookies are an easy treat to make up ahead of time!
More fun you might enjoy…