This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
Fall is the perfect season to make a big ‘ol list of all of the fun things you want to do. Check out our DIY Dollar Store Fall Bucket List craft and make one for your own family! This is a really fun way to choose the seasonal activities that you are going to enjoy on any given year.
As you might already be very well aware, I love bucket lists. I love making up lists of places to visit or things to do, and seeing how many of them we can “check off.” I’m not in any hurry and I don’t have a set goal. My bucket listing is always open for interpretation and almost always focuses on the “simple everyday.”
Do you remember when we put together our popsicle stick summer bucket list? That list focuses on local day trips and other fun ideas for places to visit during the summer months. We got to several of them last summer and will pull the jar out again on next day we find ourselves looking for a somewhat location destination to visit.
Back to Fall
I’m not sure what it is about fall, but I sure to love it. I love the crispy air, the colorful leaves, the promise of the holidays in the not-so-far off distance. And I most definitely love the ample opportunities that fall offers to have some family fun.
For this fall bucket list idea, I focused on two things: easy ideas for the actual list AND using supplies that I found at the dollar store to create it. Almost all of the supplies that I used are from our local Dollar Tree, minus some of my crafting staples that I always have on hand, such as the glue, paint and glue gun.
A seasonal bucket list craft is a fun one to make with your kids. It’s the perfect craft to make at home or in a classroom!
Fall Bucket List Supplies
- Wooden Craft Sticks
- Small Metal Bucket
- Ribbon (I used brown – feel free to change it up)
- Paper Shred
- Washable Markers
- Craft Paint (in fall colors)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Shipping Tag (white)
- Sharpie Marker (black)
How to Make a Fall Bucket List
1. Paint the craft sticks in a variety of fall colors. I painted both sides of each stick. If you want the color to look darker, you can always add a second coat. Allow plenty of time for them to dry.
2. Use a pencil to write a draft of each bucket list item on the front and back of each stick. Go over the pencil with the permanent marker.
3. Measure out a piece of ribbon so that it will fit around your bucket, leaving a little extra overlap for glue. Attach ribbon to bucket with glue.
4. Using the orange and yellow washable markers, create a plaid pattern on the white shipping tag by drawing grids. Write FALL BUCKET LIST on the tag with a permanent black marker.
5. Cut an 8-inch length of ribbon, loop it through shipping tag and tie to the handle of the metal bucket.
6. Add the paper shred to your bucket.
7. Place your sticks in the bucket and you are ready to start creating some awesome fall memories! As you complete each item, remove the stick from your bucket. If you wanted to save the completed sticks for a scrapbook or some other keepsake, write the date that you did that item on the stick!
Other posts you might enjoy…