This post may contain affiliate links and ads. Read our disclosure policy here.
DIY Bug Repellent Paracord Bracelets
With the summer months come warm weather, longer days, and more time to spend outside. It also means more time that we are susceptible to bites and stings from pesky outdoor bugs like mosquitoes and ticks. I try to avoid chemical-laden bug sprays whenever possible, but I do like to make sure my family has some sort of bug repellent option. When I send the kids off to pony camp, they spend the entire day outside, all week long, in the woods. I typically pack a bug spray made from essential oils and I also like to send each one of them with a bug repelling bracelet.
DIY Bug Repellent Paracord Bracelets are incredibly easy to make, especially when you start with a store-bought bracelet. I found paracord bracelets at my local Dollar Tree. You can also find them on Amazon.
While I would not count solely on this bracelet while backpacking through the jungles infested with malaria-carrying-mosquitoes, it IS a great option for areas with typical mosquito populations.
Here are the things you will need to make your own DIY Bug Repellent Paracord Bracelets:
- Paracord Bracelet(s)
- 2 oz Witch Hazel
- 2 oz Distilled Water
- 5 drops Purification Essential Oil
- 5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Spray bottle (optional)
How to make:
1. Combine distilled water, witch hazel and 5 drops of each essential oil in a spray bottle or small bowl.
2. If using a spray bottle, spray bracelet with essential oil blend until saturated. If using a bowl, submerge bracelet in essential oil blend.
3. Allow bracelet to dry.
4. Wear bracelet when you’re heading into the great outdoors!
5. After 2 or 3 wears, re-apply essential oil blend to the bracelet.
More fun you might enjoy…